Build a Better Future through Facilities/Engineering innovation!
Sodexo is seeking a Facilities/Utilities Technician for a Research and Development (R&D) Laboratory Company located in Boston, MA.
Are You the One?
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a Strategic Facilities Technician with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
Job Essential Functions:
- Responsible of performing highly diversified duties like install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain utilities, production and facility equipment in accordance with the site safety principles, predictive, and production maintenance systems and processes in order to achieve the site’s business goals and objectives.
- Carry out a wide range of equipment repairs and maintenance program.
- Perform building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. carpentry; electrical, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), plumbing, etc). Perform general cleaning.
- General knowledge on good engineering practices for regulated facilities.
- General knowledge on GMP, and documentation practices.
- Associate Degree in Industrial Mechanic, Electricity, or Refrigeration Technician.
- 5 to 7 years of manufacturing experience.
- Strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and industrial skills with some PLC experience and HVAC within the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Medical Device, Food and Beverage, and Healthcare Industries.
Specific Duties, Activities & Responsibilities:
- Perform highly diversified duties such as: install and maintain production equipment, utilities, and facility’s equipment.
- Provide support on emergency, unscheduled repairs for production and utilities equipment.
- Perform scheduled maintenance repairs of referenced equipment during scheduled hours.
- Carry out Industrial skills throughout development on troubleshooting and repair of production and utilities equipment.
- Including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulics systems.
- Capable of reading and interpreting equipment manuals, schematics, PId’s, blueprints and wiring diagrams to execute work orders and to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace, or repair parts, test and adjust.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, utilities equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of mechanical, electrical, plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Understand and follows oral and written directions.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material, and report those and any unusual situations to direct supervision.
- Strictly follows company’s safety and cGMP policies and procedures.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
Serves as working lead supervisor or coordinator to schedule the activities of skilled trades, custodial or grounds workers engaged in maintaining and repairing equipment, structures, utility systems, buildings, and grounds. Gives work assignments to workers as needed for maintenance. Performs administrative functions and services. Leads in building maintenance projects.