ADULT EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR
REPORTS TO: Director of Adult Programming
SUPERVISES: Adult Students
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB: Assumes professional responsibility for providing learning experiences and supervision of assigned students in a supportive and positive classroom climate that develops in each student the skills, attitudes, and knowledge necessary to pursue employment in their field upon the successful completion of the program.
- The Adult Education Instructor shall:
- Possess a High School Diploma/equivalent or higher.
- Possess valid certification/license in area of expertise.
- Have a minimum of five years industry experience.
- Hold a valid driver’s license with no serious violations.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the content field and create ways in which the content can be organized into lessons for adult students.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of effective instructional strategies, classroom management, learning assessment, and research related to learning.
- Exhibit a personality that demonstrates enthusiasm and interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, and the community.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
- Demonstrate the ability to use technology for word processing, data management, information retrieval, visual and audio presentations, and telecommunications.
- Provide proof of U. S. citizenship or legal resident alien status by completing Federal Form I-9 in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
- Provide evidence that a criminal record history check has been conducted and clearance has been given by the Department of Education, or, during the initial six month period provide a sworn statement that there have not been any convictions of a crime or a disorderly persons offense in accordance with 18A:6-7.1.
Meet such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent may find appropriate and acceptable.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Adult Education Teacher shall:
- Plan and prepare relevant and practical class lessons and monitors student’s performance.
- Implement a variety of instructional delivery methods that include group or individualized instruction and varied technological platforms.
- Administer certification tests for designated program to determine individual progress.
- Complete and maintain appropriate student attendance and assessment records, and ensure timely submission of data to the Coordinator.
- Be responsible for effective classroom management that enhances student learning.
- Be responsible for teaching students of diverse abilities, ages and backgrounds.
- Shall participate in curriculum development and assessment, when applicable.
- Attend orientation, staff meetings and any required training.
- Maintain a clean and professional classroom environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Coordinator
Click "apply" to submit materials for consideration.