Position: Assistant Maintenance Mechanic II
Department: Wastewater Treatment Plant
The Borough of Lansdale has an open position for a full-time Maintenance Mechanic at its Wastewater Treatment Plant. The position is responsible for maintenance of the treatment plant to ensure continual safe and efficient operation; maintenance of sewer pipes and manholes; maintenance of pump stations.
- Experience operating manual and pneumatic tools; ability to perform manual tasks or operate equipment for extended periods of time in possible adverse weather conditions or confined spaces to include water tanks that are dark and damp and which may contain insects and/or other pests or rodents.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations, e.g., add, multiply and divide whole numbers and fractions.
- Thorough knowledge of safety practices and procedures.
- Valid PA driver’s license.
- Previous experience with the installation, maintenance and repair of industrial mechanical/electrical systems and/or experience with automotive/heavy equipment repair is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of treatment plant equipment including pump stations and sanitary sewer lines maintenance practices and procedures is preferred.
For a detailed job description for this position please visit www.lansdale.org
Applications are being accepted through December 4, 2020.