Project Manager - AOS Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Nov 20, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200208362
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, extraordinary ideas have a way of becoming industry leading products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. You will work with significant and dynamic projects in support of Apple's Retail business and will deliver innovative solutions and software The worldwide Retail & Online Stores team is responsible for delivering the electronic commerce (eCommerce) systems and solutions that enable and support the Apple Online Store (AOS) - one of world's largest online retail businesses, serving millions of customers around the globe. The team is part of Apple's Information & Systems (IS&T) division, and is based primarily in Sunnyvale, California with teams in Austin, TX, London, Singapore and Hyderabad India - working as a single global team.
- You will provide leadership for project teams by acting as a domain lead for eCommerce and combining strong business insight with strong communication and technical skills.
- You will operate as an effective interface between engineers and product owners, bringing prospective and understanding of eCommerce principles to help development time and improve their effectiveness in serving Apple's customers.
- You understand and articulate the business and technical implications of decisions that are being made by their project teams, whilst handling senior partner relationships to ensure successful program delivery.
- A combination of gravitas and flexibility will be required to ensure that they can be effective and you have extensive experience working on consumer product launches, product merchandising in an electronic commerce environment.
- You have excellent technical PM skills, and are able to operate in a complex software environment across multiple cost centers, geographies and systems.
- You will guide teams of both contractors and employees, and be familiar with accounting and budget management concepts such as 'capital vs. expense'.
- Experience with engineers in a high-pressured environment - able to have credibility with world-leading technologists that are specialists in their field, and need someone with a strong personality and the ability to establish relationships with deeply technical people.
This senior role is for an ambitious senior project management professional who has several years experience of working in a dynamic eCommerce environment. The primary responsibility will be for the delivery of complex multi-functional software engineering programs and products for the AOS platform and potentially leading a team of project managers, technical analysts, resources, budgets and the related reporting for program. We're looking for a hardworking and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent with a minimum of ten years relevant work experience. Masters/MBA preferred.