Oportun is a mission-driven, technology-powered provider of inclusive, affordable financial services and a certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI).
We seek to serve the 100 million people in the US who are shut out of the financial mainstream because they are credit invisible or are mis-scored because they have limited credit history. By lending money to hardworking, low-to-moderate income individuals, we help them move forward in their lives, demonstrate their creditworthiness, and establish the credit history they need to access new opportunities.
Since 2006, we have lent over $6.8 billion through over 3.1 million affordable small dollar loans and have helped over 730,000 people start establishing credit. In recognition of inventive approach, we were recognized by Time Magazine as one of 50 Genius Companies inventing the future.
The Bay Area News Group recognized Oportun as a Top Workplace in 2019. Come and be a part of our community of employees, partners, and customers who are devoted to expanding financial opportunity for millions. When we work together, we can make life better.
OPORTUN currently seeks an Assistant District Manager (ADM) who will supervise 3 or more of our retail stores within the same territory. You will be responsible for ensuring consistent quality and customer service as well as strict adherence standard operating procedures. Effective supervision of Store Team Leaders (STLs) & Customer Loyalty Representatives (CLRs). Provide ongoing coaching, feedback & follow-up, you will ensure your teams deliver sales results that meet monthly goals. In this role, you will also be responsible for directing community outreach and relationship building. This is a unique opportunity to make a positive and lasting impact in the financial futures of your local community.
AS A VALUABLE MEMBER OF OUR TEAM, YOU'LL RECEIVE:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance
- Employer-matched 401(k)
- Competitive pay with sales incentives $$$
- Flexible schedules
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Training
- Opportunity to positively affect your community
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Exceptional leader responsible for hiring and developing high performing customer service teams focused on meeting or exceeding goals
- Dynamic, servant leader who leads by example and can motivate employees in a fast-paced service environment
- Manage operational performance and efficiencies, employee coaching, performance reviews, scheduling, timecard approval, completing I9s
- As required and in partnership with the District Manager administer disciplinary actions
- Manage customer complaints in an effective manner delivering a world class customer experience
- Be a role model for Oportun's Core Values: Service, Care, Innovation, Courage, Excellence, and Empowerment
- Must be bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Must be very outgoing and have high level of emotional intelligence
- Must love sales and have a valid driver license.
- Knowledge of Office 360, including Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- 1+ year of proven retail leadership experience as a team lead or supervisor focused on people management, sales and operations.
- Experience developing a team including conducting effective performance reviews
- Must be available to work weekends and be flexible with a rotating work schedule of hours based on store needs. Schedules are set every two weeks, (36 hours guaranteed)
See job description.