You are a strategic, innovative facilities safety manager ready to help clients optimize their business!
Sodexo is seeking an Unit Safety Manager located in Cambridge, MA. The primary purpose of this role is to ensure a safe work environment at client sites by providing HS&E and/or Quality Assurance consultation. This role drives a safety culture at the site level. This position is responsible for ensuring the implementation and compliance with the client’s safety policies. Ensures legal compliance to all Federal, State and Local regulations. The Massachusetts based employee will provide remote support at Bridgewater, NJ site in conjunction with the client team based in Bridgewater.
Are You the One?
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a Strategic Safety Manager with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
- Successful client and third-party audits of Sodexo and client HSE activities
- Timely reporting and investigation of HSE related incidents and audit findings
- Added value to the business through implementing efficient, standardized systems and processes
- Maintain an effective relationship with the client and corporate HSE groups and statutory authorities as required
- Maintain communication with key Sodexo and client personnel, monitoring HSE and providing support, advice and expertise to operational teams at all levels
- Provide expertise in Health, Safety and Business Risk and advice and consultancy for the client
- Perform audits of HSE compliance for all IFM services which Sodexo provide to the client
- Work with client and Sodexo teams to investigate, analyze root-causes and implement corrective actions (CAPA) where HSE deficiencies are discovered
- Present HSE related topics to Sodexo and client management and produce reports as required
- Conduct training in HSE topics to the wider Sodexo operations team, client operations teams, and third parties where necessary
- Formulate, implement, monitor and review HSE plans (including the setting of objectives, agreeing priorities and establishing adequate systems for performance management) to ensure implementation of legislative requirements and best practice
- Promote and develop a health and safety culture which secures effective implementation of policy, procedures and responsibilities
- Provide HSE communication and reporting of matters, including recordable incidents, HSE learning experiences (LEX)
- Review, plan and permit weekly work activities working with clients’ facilities management (FM) team/landlord and FM contractor
- Ensure compliance with contractor safety program, permit to work program (includes LOTO/ work at elevation/JHAs)
- Perform Daily site walkthroughs to identify areas of non-compliance (E.g. Blocked exits, trip hazards, improper storage) and work with area personnel/Sodexo Facilities to correct observations
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience in Occupational Health and Safety/ Engineering/Science
- Consulting Experience is desired
- Pharmaceutical Experience is desired
- Basic Management Experience
- 2 years Basic Functional Experience
- 2 years of safety related experience
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
The primary purpose of this role is to ensure a safe work environment at client sites by providing HS&E and/or Quality Assurance consultation. This role drives a safety culture at the site level. This position is responsible for ensuring the implementation and compliance with North American and client safety guidelines. Ensures legal compliance to all Federal (Provincial), State and Local regulations.