Wireless System Validation Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Dec 2, 2020
Role Number: 200209965
In this leadership role, you will be responsible for leading a wireless system validation team to integrate and thoroughly test state-of-the-art wireless silicon, FW and SW for application in Apple's products.
- At least 10 years of industry experience in wireless system validation and communication system engineering.
- At least 5 years of engineering management experience, including prior leadership of wireless SoC integration and validation team(s) with a strong high-volume production track record.
- Extensive technical background in one or more of the following:
- Strong wireless communication system fundamentals and RF testing methodologies.
- Solid understanding of RF design fundamentals such as impedance matching, transmission lines, VSWR tuning, front-end module active and passive components, supply decoupling, common spurious sources and mitigations, etc.
- Solid hands-on experience with RF parametric testing such as Noise Figure, IP3, ACI, EVM, ACPR, phase noise, load-pull testing etc.
- Strong working experience debugging wireless system impairments, RF PCB and chip issues within a scripted test environment. Strong working knowledge of RF test equipment, such as; network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, vector signal analyzer, vector signal generator, etc.
- Solid working knowledge of all aspects of wireless SoC validation aspects, from Radio+PHY performance, to protocol testing and compliance, to digital SoC components and subsystems (memories, fabric, CPUs, DSPs, etc), to interfaces, DFT/MBIST, to HTOL, etc.
- Fluent in Unix scripting and Python.
- Experience with digital calibration methods for high-performance wireless systems (including for zero-IF transceivers, I/Q imbalance, LO feedthrough, digital pre-distortion or others).
- Working knowledge of wireless standards, such as IEEE 802.11, 802.15, Bluetooth or 3GPP.
- Excellent organizational skills, including experience managing design teams.
- Excellent communications skills - both written and oral.
- Experience with executive communication is a plus.
Leadership of the Wireless System Validation team responsible for integration and testing of new wireless silicon, FW and SW for future Apple products, establishing strong partnerships with peer leaders of a corresponding design, production test and product system organizations, and communication with senior management. Manage a wireless system validation team, taking full responsibility for all aspects of methodology, planning, and execution spanning bring-up, testing, debug, and characterization phases of development, from early stages all the way to mass production. Work with internal RF / Analog design teams, PHY and MAC systems teams, Digital SoC design and verification teams, and FW teams, to successfully devise and execute thorough complex wireless system validation plans that achieve best-in-class coverage on an aggressive timeline. Establish best-in-class wireless testing, automation, and data management infrastructure and methodologies to enable highly efficient validation and debug capabilities. Drive board-level HW designs and complex instrumentation testbeds to support advanced wireless system and protocol validation and debug, as well as providing test scripting enablement and support catering to the needs of internal and external cross-functional teams.
Education & Experience
MSEE or PH.D. in Electrical Engineering