Display Development Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Dec 2, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200209969
The Display Investigations group is charged with assessing disruptive technologies for future Apple products. We are looking for a Display Development Engineer to help assess LED technologies. The successful candidate must possess a strong technical background in semiconductor optoelectronics with substantial hands-on experience in semiconductor device fabrication, characterization, packaging and assembly.
- This position requires an Applied Physics or Electrical Engineering background (or equivalent) with deep understanding of semiconductor device physics.
- We are looking for proven skills and achievements in developing semiconductor optoelectronics, with hands-on proficiency in end-of-line semiconductor device testing and packaging.
Responsibilities of the role include: Perform LED based device characterization - Devise and set up testing equipment and perform wafer and panel level characterization - Analyze test data and provide feedback to the device design and fabrication team Build proof of concept prototypes - Drive the effort of device packaging and assembly to make prototypes - Collect performance data of prototypes and set up working demos Support in design and fabrication of test vehicles leading to prototypes - Working with the design team, develop mask sets compatible with process flow to realized wafer level test vehicles - Support process development and carry out the device fabrication in cleanroom environment
Education & Experience
This position generally requires a PhD degree, or a Master degree with more than 5 years of experience in relevant industrial work environment.
- The following skillsets are strongly preferred:
- - Proven background in semiconductor optoelectronic devices with III/V material experience
- - Capability of setting up testing equipment, developing test software and automating tests, and data analysis and related computer-programming skills
- - In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in semiconductor device fabrication, chip packaging and module assembly through precision alignment
- - Device prototyping skills
- - Familiarity with optics and photonics and capability to perform optical simulations using modern software tools
- - Excellent written and verbal communication skills