Senior Technical Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Dec 2, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200209635
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Mobile and Messaging Apps Team is a team operating in an exciting and fast-paced Agile development environment. The team creates mobile e-commerce and retail experience through the Apple Store App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch. The team is also responsible for Apple's next generation platform for engagement and communication with customers through Messaging apps such as Apple Messages and WeChat.
- At least 8 years of project management in software development. iOS app development helpful.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to all levels of an organization.
- Strong facilitation skills (requirements sessions, design meetings, progress and status meetings).
- Strong technical proficiency, especially relating to e-commerce: server architecture and development, systems integration, reconciliation with the ability to frame technical solutions/options and negotiate business acceptance.
- Deep understanding of Agile practices and service-oriented environments.
- Grasp issues quickly while factoring in technical dependencies and system limitations, make decisions in the absence of complete information.
- Strong organizational and tracking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - both business facing and Engineering.
- We seek a self starter, forward-thinking person with strong leadership capabilities.
- Outstanding presentation skills, for collaborating across many participating teams.
- You will interact with many other group's internal team to lead and deliver best-in-class products in an exciting fast-paced environment.
- Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
This is a hands-on position where the Technical Project Manager will be involved in business requirements analysis, functional and technical design discussions, testing, working with key strategic partners, and more. This is not a task-based job; you will be responsible for the delivery and success of your features. You will drive and ship all aspects of large, cross-functional projects and feature areas. You will supervise all aspects of multiple concurrent projects including scope, requirements, timelines, risks and resource allocation. You will manage communication - apprising status and issues to team members, management and other project partners.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent industry experience