Your nutritional know-how can help patients in your community live happier, healthier lives.
Sodexo is seeking a Registered Dietitian specializing in diabetes for a Diabetes Center affiliated with Mount Sinai Hospital System
Is this opportunity right for you?
If you are a Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist/Certified Diabetes Educator OR able to sit for certification in 6-12 months, this may be the job for you. You will be working at hospital affiliated diabetes clinics at Mount Sinai and Holy Cross Hospitals. The ideal candidate must have knowledge and skills in: Glucometers, insulin pumps, carbohydrate counting, glucose pattern management, continuous glucose monitoring. This is a full-time benefits eligible position.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- Be a Registered dietitian (RD) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration. Be a Licensed dietitian/nutritionist (LDN) by the Illinois Department of Financial & Professional Regulation
- Have responsibility for Outpatient Diabetes Clinics.
- Provide education to patients, as well as staff as needed and work well with physicians, nursing, and ancillary staff
- Possess the ability to creatively problem solve, work independently with minimal supervision and make decisions while working within a self-directed and team-oriented work environment.
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills to interact with a wide variety of individuals and groups
- Strong time management and organizational skills are needed to be successful in this position
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- knowledge and skills in: Glucometers, insulin pumps, carbohydrate counting, glucose pattern management, continuous glucose monitoring
- the ability to work with diverse populations and personalities
- familiarity with the Nutrition Care Process and Electronic Health Records is preferred at the unit
- a self-starter, a team player, and possess good time management skills;
- able to work well with physicians, nursing and ancillary staff;
- a Registered Dietitian, eligible for licensure in the state if applicable
- the ability to meet DOH/state/federal and company standards.
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Nutrition and Wellness positions in a variety of business segments, including Schools, Universities, Health Care, Personal and Home Health Services, and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Nutrition jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Responsible for providing direct comprehensive nutrition services including those for complex needs.
-Directs nutrition care of special needs population to ensure nutrition needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
-Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., -HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments. .