*This position can be National (remote); DC or Chicago area preferred
The Executive Director will be a leader with the presence to advocate successfully and passionately on behalf of NAHN. The position requires strong management and operational experience, demonstrated strategic ability and fiscal responsibility, and a successful track record of working with or for nursing, medical professional, or other related associations. The ideal candidate must demonstrate strong business acumen and a self-starter who is committed to NAHN’s core mission. The ideal candidate must be bilingual in both spoken and written Spanish/English, a strategic thinker and planner, a problem solver that is able to respond to crisis management quickly and effectively. Individual must work closely with the board and staff in an open, honest fashion that promotes inclusiveness, cooperation, and teamwork. In addition, the ideal candidate will be diplomatic, of the highest integrity, and possess sound judgment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Participate with the President and full Board of directors in developing a vision and executable strategic plan to guide the organization.
• Initiate planning and outreach that facilitate developing and expanding the organization to fulfill its mission, achieve its strategic goals, and realize its vision.
• Establish strong working relationships with the nursing, health care and Hispanic communities, raise awareness, and build coalitions.
• In addition to the President, act as a passionate spokesperson for the organization and its community.
• Represent the organization at events and activities to enhance the organization's profile within the professional nursing and healthcare community.
• Develop strong networks within the Latino and professional nursing and healthcare community in order to build and enhance the organization’s visibility.
Management and administration
• Oversee significant projects critical to the mission of the organization.
• In conjunction with leadership, develop an operational plan which incorporates goals and objectives that work toward the strategic direction of the organization.
• Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of the organization's programs, services, and policies working in conjunction with the board committee leaders.
• Monitor the day-to-day delivery of the programs and services of the organization to maintain or improve quality with established benchmarks.
• Build an effective working relationship with the board of directors by maintaining regular communication and providing accurate and timely reporting concerning the activities, outcome metrics, finances, and deliverables.
• Ensure the board of directors is proactively and fully informed through proper internal communications, including preparation for board meetings, and established periodic management reports.
• Manage finances, budgets, processes and procedures in conjunction with NAHN-designated leaders.
• Present and review finances with designated leadership for board reports and monitor for needed adjustments.
• Work closely with President to prepare materials for board of director meetings, chapter president’s meeting and/or other organization meetings and events as designated by the board.
• Oversee the administration the funds of the organization according to the approved budget and monitor the monthly cash flow of the organization.
• Oversee the organization’s funds and monitor the monthly cash flow to ensure a balanced budget.
• Ensure that the board is provided with comprehensive, regular reports on the revenues and expenditures of the organization.
• Oversee and supervise MCI USA NAHN dedicated and support services staff.
• Incorporate feedback from both the NAHN leadership and MCI USA, and leverage that valuable feedback to strengthen the relationship and services provided through MCI USA’s contract,
MCI USA Responsibilities
• Complete MCI USA timesheets and function as a MCI USA Team Member in accordance with MCI USA’s corporate vision and guiding principles.
• Serve as NAHN’s executive director for 75% time and support other client work for MCI USA for the other 25% (to be determined.)
• Serve as a member of MCI USA’s Client Leadership Team.
• Excellent written and verbal bilingual communication skills including engaging in public speaking in both in English and Spanish.
• Collegial, collaborative style.
• Highly organized with the ability to prioritize, delegate and manage multiple requests/projects.
• Good decision-making skills, tactful, good listener, willingness to search out answers, ability to recognize when others need to be involved in activities or decisions.
• Creativity, curiosity, empathetic, high energy level, and an enthusiasm for meeting and working with a diverse group of individuals.
• Team builder-Ability to establish and nurture relationships with volunteers, stakeholders, etc.
• Advanced computer skills and familiarity with MS Office Products