iPhone System Design Engineer - Power Modeling
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Nov 9, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200205250
The iPhone Hardware System Design Team is seeking an enthusiastic Electrical Engineer. You will work as part of a team that drives and influences future iPhone innovation. In this role, you will be at the center of iPhone product development, with a critical impact on overall design.
- Strong EE/CS fundamentals with relevant experience in consumer hardware or electronics industries.
- Knowledgeable in complex system architecture power and performance metrics for SoC, wireless technologies, battery powered devices, and power electronics.
- Hands-on EE lab experience with DMM, digital scope, logic analyzer, ADC / amplifier circuits, control loops, and prototype rework.
- Proficient in programming and scripting (e.g. Matlab or Python) is expected. Able to process and analyze large data sets as power modeling inputs.
- Familiar with lithium ion battery management concepts such as capacity estimation, charging algorithms, and impedance analysis.
- Strong communication and people skills. Able to work with cross functional environment in a regular basis.
- Enthusiastic and self motivated. Good at problem solving. Fast learner.
This design position starts at iPhone product concept, continues through design, and finishes all the way to post product ramp. Provide system level power estimate for various usage scenarios (e.g. battery life, thermal, and peak power) as part of design target and tradeoff process. Own system level power validation. Work on next generation hardware with various cross functional teams across Apple to verify subsystem power against expectation. Perform hands-on investigation and debug power related issues and provide feedback for power saving opportunities during an iPhone development cycle. Constantly improve our power modeling and validation methodology.
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE Required
- Position may require some international travel