Network Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Dec 3, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200209421
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new insights!have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple! The role is in designing and building software-defined network infrastructure systems focusing on hyper-scale cloud.
- In-depth understanding of networking protocols such as BGP, MPLS
- 4-5 years of production system building experience
- Hands-on knowledge working with large scale distributed systems
- Familiarity with micro-service architectures
- Knowledge in software-defined networking
You will be part of the software defined infrastructure (SDI) team focusing on networking for the Cloud Platform. As a member you will design, develop and deploy new products the enables connectivity, routing and security for virtualized compute and storage. These products are built drawing expertise from cross-disciplinary areas including large scale distributed systems, fault-tolerant systems, software-defined networks and high performance analytics. If you are passionate about innovating and building systems from scratch for the massive scale of our network infrastructure, then our team might be the right place for you. As a network software engineer, you will be working closely with the network architects and the operation team with the goal of defining, building and operationalizing the product. You should have the passion for driving technology into deployment and making lasting impact on our infrastructure. In addition, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry partners to learn and drive new technologies.
Education & Experience
BS and MS in Computer Science
- Should be a team player who is excited to work with members having highly diverse technical background. Should have extremely good communication skill. Should be self-motivated in pursuing the objective goals.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law.
- Apple's committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.