Software Reliability Engineer
Austin , Texas , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Dec 3, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200209936
Are you a self-motivated engineer who is interested in tackling exciting problems? Would you like to get your hands dirty and making the platform better, faster for one of the most visited websites in the world? As a member of this team, you would join a small but hardworking team of experienced Software Reliability Engineers who write innovative tools, and automation to manage the machinery for www.apple.com and associated web properties. We also support the marketing and retail business units to continuously update the live content in a secure and efficient way for all the world to see and experience from Apple Inc.
- We are looking for a strong technical background in current web technologies
- We want you to have a DevOps focus with 4 or more years of experience in at least one mainstream language:(Golang/C/C++/Python/Java/Scala) that is demonstrable (e.g. writing Web Applications backend/UI, and Consuming/Writing efficient REST APIs)
- Hand-on experience in Apache/HTTP(S), Load Balancers, Automation frameworks like Puppet/Ansible
- Understand Unix system internals, client/server protocols, and data storage systems
- Ability to delivery high quality code quickly and efficiently on current technology
- Experience operating a medium size environment (approx. 50-500 servers) for a mission critical application
quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! You will be one of the few folks responsible for a small but key team of other SREs that routinely interface with other stakeholders to ensure that www.apple.com (http://www.apple.com) is always reachable, performant with 100% uptime. If you enjoy creating automation tools, and improving monitoring metrics in new and inventive ways to make repeatable and data-driven choices, you would feel right at home. To be successful in this role, an open mind, and incrementally build the platform would be ideal. This is a great opportunity to use your creative and analytic talent and make a difference in a highly visible environment.
Education & Experience
BS or MS Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- - This job requires the individual to participate in a pager rotation
- - Apache/nginx
- - Golang/Python/C/C++
- - Docker/K8
- - Unix, SQL and NOSQL Database(s)
- - DevOps tools such as Puppet
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law.
- Apple's committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.