SAP Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Dec 3, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200207005
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Apple's SAP Global Systems organization has an opening for a Senior SAP SD project manager. The role requires a mix of SAP functional and leadership skills to deliver projects in a highly integrated multi-functional environment. The successful candidate will work alongside business and technical teams to understand requirements and design solutions that are scalable to meet the needs of high volume processes where performance and efficiency is key.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to articulate sophisticated ideas and solutions in a clear and easy-to-understand way.
- Ability to lead large, sophisticated, multi-functional, global projects working closely with diverse teams.
- Self motivated as well as a motivator of others.
- Ability to collaborate with other teams in order to resolve conflicts in a timely manner.
- Ability to balance scope and timeline of multiple projects in parallel, with minimal direction.
- Ability to deliver high quality solutions in an environment where expectations are high and timelines are challenging.
- Validated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Innovative, highly motivated with the ability to learn quickly.
- Validated functional lead experience with ability to drive designs that balance business efficiency, system performance, security and compliance.
- Extensive hands-on functional design and configuration experience, including detailed specifications for user exits, utilities, interfaces, reports, etc.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of SD functionality throughout the order to cash process, including billing and integration with FI/CO, MM & logistics and GTS.
- Creative and out of the box thinking.
- Use of Machine Learning concepts in SD processes is desirable.
You will partner with Apple business and technical teams across regions, as well as some time with external partners. Much of this interaction will be with regional and global teams in other locations and other time zones, so excellent interpersonal skills and collaboration skills are key. The role includes responsibility for all aspects of a project including: Supporting the business during requirements to understand their specific needs from both a tactical and strategic perspective. Crafting and being responsible for the project plan, deliverables, dependencies, risks and mitigation plan. Ensuring project scope is clearly defined and resources, budget and timeline are adequate to deliver the required solution. Leading teams in different regions and time zones. Issue tracking and driving issue resolution across teams. Status reporting within the team and upwards to management groups. Driving the functional and technical gap analysis. Level of effort and prioritization, including careful management of change requests. Driving scalable and flexible designs, ensuring alignment to global design principals, security and compliance standards, as well as documentation standards. Design governance and solution architecture in a complex payments' landscape. Ensuring adequate test cycles are defined and executed to support a smooth production launch. Handling cutover and other implementation activities across multiple teams. Tracking issues and handling scope of changes during warranty support to ensure a handover to the production support team. We're looking for a hardworking and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
MS/BS in Computer Science or equivalent, with a range of 7-10 years of SAP SD functional experience in a functional/project lead role for order to cash processes.