Software Quality Engineer - System Stability
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Dec 4, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200209677
Do you want make a positive impact on the direction of new, key technologies in consumer products? We're seeking a creative and motivated Stability Quality Engineer to join a Systems Quality team working to ensure world-changing products are delivered at a high-quality to all our customers. You will involved from the early stages of a project and will play a critical role in the way we make decisions of releasing those Macs to customers. You will be responsible for planning, writing/developing, and executing system stability tests with an emphasis on hardware-centric software risks and writing and running automation simultaneously on a large number of systems. You will be at the nexus of hardware and software where you work cross-functionally with several engineering and QA teams to identify risk areas and testing responses, and to support engineering investigations. You should have a good instinct for discovering low-level defects in software and hardware. Come join our team!
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in automation development and/or HW/SW test engineering
- Experience with developing web-based automation frameworks as well as database design
- Experience presenting data to executives
- Experience working with pre or post-silicon hardware
- In-depth knowledge of processor instruction set architecture and microarchitecture
- Ability to solve hardware systems to component level and perform root-cause analysis
- Strong knowledge of Unix and Unix shell scripting.
- Strong communication, written skills, and interpersonal skills (required to establish and maintain inter-departmental relationships)
- Designing and writing on-the-fly automated stress and stability hardware-centric software tests for embedded systems - Managing a rack of systems running a variety of tests and engineering experiments - Identify, reproduce, and isolate bugs found via debugging and performance analysis tools. - Report issues in accordance with Apple bug reporting methods and testing guidelines. - Provide training on a regular basis and mentor others as needed on particular skill set areas
Education & Experience
- BS EE/CS/CE required; MSc and above desired
- Nice to have, not required:
- - Experience working in factory processes such as burn-in qualification.
- - Experience writing MacOS or iOS applications. We are looking for someone to build test tools for Mac and iPhone.
- - Experience with web and database technologies such as MySQL, PHP, jQuery, HTML5, CSS.
- - Previously built advanced reporting tools like Tableau.
- - Experience working with large scale log collection tools such as Splunk.
- - Potential opportunities to build internal web applications for results reporting and dashboard displays.