Display Driver Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Dec 7, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200209611
Apple's GPU Software team provides the graphics software foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, including Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Apple TV. Our responsibilities encompass the OS-level frameworks, GPU drivers, developer tools for GPU and Display devices across Apple's hardware.
- The Graphics and Display Acceleration team within GPU Software delivers the display abstraction and infrastructure software for Apple's macOS. We are looking for a software engineer who is a highly efficient problem solver with a collaborative attitude and a track record for getting the job done.
- As a core member of the Graphics and Display Acceleration team you will have responsibilities spanning all aspects of display software development (architecture, design, development, debug and deployment):
- Own feature design, implementation, triage and delivery of display related technologies.
- Partner with both internal teams and external teams on display software architecture and implementation.
- Participate in driving internally and externally visible advances in the macOS display experience.
- Development and triage of display technologies for new product development.
Proven programming skills and knowledge of C/C++ Experience working with operating system display infrastructure and debugging. Experience with systems engineering or low-level hardware & firmware/ driver programming Software design, problem solving, and debugging skills knowledge of system architecture
Education & Experience
Technical BS/MS degree or Equivalent Experience
- Nice to have:
- Experience with parallel and asynchronous processing
- Experience with system level 2D and 3D graphics
- HW bring up and debugging is a plus
- knowledge of display stack, display drivers, video formats, power management strategies, or backlight