Display Metrology Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Dec 7, 2020
Role Number: 200210709
Apple's Display Metrology Engineer is a terrific position for someone passionate about technology. Be part of the Display Technology team that fosters a collaborative environment with creative talents that build world-class products and cutting-edge technologies. Our team provides opportunities for individuals to contribute across a wide spectrum of disciplines. Best in-class engineering excellence and thoroughness are expected and encouraged. Innovation, IP and patent creation are highly supported and valued. The display technology team's main goals are to constantly push the envelope to design and ship innovative products with best-in-class technologies and user experiences.
- Knowledge in one or more of following areas
- ? Display design, characterization, calibration or test
- ? Optical instrument, e.g. CCD/CMOS camera, spectrum meter, colorimeter etc.
- ? Test SW/HW system development
- ? Color science and image processing
- Experience on developing a metrology system, or its Optics/SW/EE sub-systems
- Direct hands-on experiences working with display products (OLED, LCD and LED) and have a strong passion and interest in this area.
- Programming skills in one of Python, MATLAB, C/C++/Objective-C/Swift
- Excellent interpersonal skills; clear technical communications with teammates, self-motivated and very responsible
- Strong leadership and problem-solving ability
- Positive outlook and eager to stepping into uncharted technology space and work hard to deliver solutions in a timely fashion
- The position requires some international travel (up to15%, after pandemic is over)
You will be responsible for designing and developing objective solutions for calibrating, characterizing, and testing display modules and components for Apple products. You will work on system design, development, validation and production deployment during New Product Introduction (NPI) stage, with the support from SW/HW cross-functional teams.
Develop industry-leading calibration and metrology methodology and solutions
Define calibration & measurement Engineering Requirement Specification (ERS)
Lead test system design and development based on ERS, with the supports from functional teams including mechanical design, software and electrical design, and optics
Derive requirements for optical instruments, through analytics and numerical models
Specify and design display driving boards used by the above systems
Develop software and test scripts used by the above systems
Lead vendors to develop these systems and validate & qualify the performance to meet mass production requirements
Conduct HW/SW issues FA from module level down to the component level
Deploy and validate the developed systems in factories in NPI stage
Analyze large amounts of NPI display performance data and generate system design improvement plan
Education & Experience
Masters or Bachelor with 3+ years of industry experience in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics.