You believe in an open, inclusive culture where everyone can thrive. Lead a team where engagement, productivity and innovation are born in this environment. _Sodexo Universities is seeking our Catering Manager 4 for Troy University Dining Service in Troy, AL. *Relocation Assistance is Available!* This role will manage simple to high-end events and provide innovative and creative execution of all events with exceptional attention to detail. Our successful candidate will have a demonstrated history of excellent listening skills and C-suite level influence. Partnering closely with the Executive Chef, this position will focus on client satisfaction while leading Our Union team. Strong financial acumen and the ability to lead calmly under pressure required. Driving sales and identifying areas for campus and non-core revenue growth is paramount to success in this role.
The successful candidate will:_
- Identify customer needs and expectations
- Ensure that Sodexo and customer goals are aligned and met
- Educate and develop rapport with clients and promote partnerships
- Promote a customer/client centered culture that strives to exceed customer and client needs
- Coordinate all unit catering initiatives to drive sales growth and track results
- Maintain and improve service level resulting in increased customer satisfaction
- Ensure all HAACP standards are followed
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and quick responsiveness to client and customer requests
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Solid organizational skills
- Excellent leadership/team building skills
- The ability to handle catering at all levels from students to executives
- Professional demeanor is required
Learn more about Troy University HERE
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management and Catering positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Catering. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry._
Provides supervision for catering services at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Oversees a highly complex and high volume of catering sales and functions in excess of $1.5M in managed catering volume.
Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through the implementation of services and creation of opportunities for growth. Plans projects, including defining objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo's strategic plan.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference services. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards