Software Development Engineer in Test - Product Engineering Systems
Austin , Texas , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Nov 30, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200207121
We are a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in best user friendly efficient way. Apple is a deeply collaborative place, where everything we create is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other's ideas stronger. That same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Be a part of the most exciting products in the market today-the revolutionary iPhone, the magical iPad, the Apple Watch, and more. Our team creates solutions centered around apps, services, tools, and systems that help Apple engineering teams worldwide realize the vision of the products they invent. We invite you to be part of this phenomenon!
- 5 years of experience in a professional quality or software engineering position
- Self-motivated, proactive, and detail-oriented individual, with excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Familiarity with building test plans and automation for complex full stack applications
- Experience with technologies common to modern web application and service development, i.e. HTTP, TLS, JSON, XML, and cryptography
- In depth knowledge of back end development technologies such as Java, Python, and related frameworks
- Experience with testing and automation of Java-based web services; end-to-end as well as unit testing using frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG, selenium and others
- Experience with testing and automation of browser-based applications deployed on a variety of platforms, including automation tools such as Selenium
- Experience with testing and automation of iOS and macOS applications
- Experience with relational database technologies such as Oracle or Postgres
- Experience with source control technologies like Git
- Experience with non-relational storage solutions such as Cassandra and Solr
- Experience with messaging systems such as Kafka
Our team's focus areas include Device Services - Responsible for activating every iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, iPod, and HomePod worldwide Radar - Apple's birth-to-death ecosystem for managing product and feature planning, testing, and defects MFi - Apple's Licensing program that has enabled developers of hardware and software peripherals that work with apple devices to successfully launch and release their products. This is a highly cross-functional role; we interact closely with technical and business teams all across Apple and other third party partners. Day to day responsibilities will include: Continual interaction with engineering, infrastructure, site reliability, project management, and partner technical and business teams to develop engineering specifications. Work with other quality and performance engineers to develop test plans/test cases and supporting automation, establishing standards, estimate effort and coordinate test execution. Identification and documentation of defects, and work with stakeholders to prioritize resolution. Work with stakeholders to define and continually assess metrics that track product quality.
Education & Experience
Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent experience.