Data Center Building Management System Engineer
Dallas , Texas , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Dec 8, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200209967
Imagine what you could do here. Are you capable of bringing in innovative design and technology insights to life within data centers? Are you able to collaborate and balance between multi-functional priorities through multiple phases of project designs, construction and operations? At Apple, we embrace diversity, continuously strive for excellence, and thrive in an environment of innovation and collaboration. We are actively seeking a Data Center Critical Facilities Instrumentation & Controls Specialist who will excel among a team of thinkers and doers, committed to leading a high-demand environment that values continuous improvement and adopts change! Our Infrastructure Services DC Operations team, you will support all design elements for some of the most innovative and energy efficient data centers in the world. This position will support our operations teams by being the liaison between design and construction teams as well as oversight of commissioning. We are looking for a highly-motivated self-starter who is technically savvy, and understands the criticality of operating data centers.
- 5+ years of Data Center experience in instrumentation & controls application design, implementation, commissioning, and continuous improvement for PLC's, Siemens, JCI, Schneider systems or equivalent
- Proven understanding of mission critical hyper scale electrical, mechanical, and advance BMS/EPMS control systems along with associated NFPA, Building Codes, and OSHA regulations
- 10 years + of relevant work experience, including 6 years of industry experience in Data Center Operations, Engineering, Commissioning or other related complex projects
- Large Data Center system design with multiple power and cooling technologies including multiple instrumentation & controls EPMS/BMS systems topologies and infrastructure
- Specialist in controls supporting mechanical cooling systems and electrical systems for large scape mission critical facilities
- Understanding of design and commissioning of large high voltage substations, power conversion systems, complex power distribution systems, redundant protection, automation and control systems.
- Skilled in design and oversight of A&E consultants, vendors, and contractors in construction documents and construction administration for all fields (electrical, mechanical, plumbing, fire protection)
- Effective oral and written communication skills, with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand complex technical operations environments, communicate issues and provide solutions to all levels of the organization
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments of opposing priorities and work them through to an effective resolution
- Experience within complex organizational settings (e.g., EOR, PMO, geographic dispersion, etc.)
Excellent leader and will have experience working with multi-functional teams of different subject areas to deliver the desirable outcome to our organization in a timely and efficient manner. Possess excellent communication and presentation skills at the senior level as well as the ability to work closely and constructively with all areas of the business. Comfortable with rapid change, and daring deadlines common to rapidly growing companies with evolving business models. Shown knowledge of data center facilities design, commissioning and operations and ability to project lead equipment upgrades and modifications production environments, Assist with developing training programs and provide training and mentorship to facility operators. Planning, analytical, organization and problem solving skills. Gracefully adjust to meet changing circumstances such as reorganizations, reassignment of project priority, changes in strategic direction, and customer needs. Drive internal and external design, vendors to perform with high quality and deliver to results-oriented design schedules. Deal with ambiguity in problem definition, and have strong engineering and business values.
Education & Experience
Master's Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience