Core OS Embedded Driver Engineer
Austin , Texas , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Dec 9, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200210780
Are you a big-picture thinker who loves setting ambitious goals? Do you have a passion for understanding how each line of code affects all the others? In the Core Operating Systems group, you'll ensure the OS is inseparable from each device's identity as a whole. That's because this group is committed to building fully integrated operating systems that combine hardware, software, and apps into a single Apple experience. Your dedication to cross-disciplinary collaboration will help develop groundbreaking technologies, such as iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS. By crafting these distinct, holistic user experiences, you'll continue to uphold and advance the excellence people expect from Apple devices. At the heart of Apple's Software organization, the Core OS team is responsible for the design and development of core technologies that are deployed across all Apple product areas including the iPhone, iPad, Watch, MacBook, iMac, Apple TV, and Audio Accessories (Yes, that's pretty much everything!). As a member of the Core OS HID & Drivers team, you will be working on cutting edge new silicon IP development (e.g. the most recent Apple M1 chip), next generation HW bringup, and low-level driver development.
- Experience with new silicon and HW bringup
- Experience with writing and debugging complex low level drivers and related frameworks
- Embedded System software/firmware development experience.
- Knowledge of C and C++
- Proven creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
- Excellent collaborative skills
- Excellent knowledge of system architecture
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Work with a highly skilled engineering team in new SOC/HW bringup, and embedded driver development Work with cross-functional teams to support product requirements for embedded products Own feature design, implementation, and debug across kernel, user space, and proprietary co-processor runtime environments. Lead and carry forward highly complex software and hardware efforts.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience/skills
- Additional (Preferred) Requirements:
- Universal Serial Bus (USB)/Bluetooth/SPI or similar communication protocols