Connectivity & Audio Architect, Platform Architecture
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Dec 9, 2020
Role Number: 200211040
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every single day. Are you ready to be part of a team transforming wireless technology? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! In this role you will be a key member of the wireless (platform) architecture team supporting Connectivity chipsets and audio/video innovations over connectivity chips. The chips and innovations will be leveraged across all of our product lines.
- 10+ years relevant experience in wireless connectivity and audio/video over connectivity
- Drive the audio hardware architecture of new custom silicon for future products. Work with product teams to drive the audio hardware architecture of Apple audio subsystems
- Expertise in WLAN & Bluetooth chipset architectures for mobile and embedded applications. Working level understanding of baseband processing systems, power management units, aspects of system integration such as high-bandwidth host interfaces, platform operational modes, etc
- Working knowledge of 802.11 standards and protocol is desirable including 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax/be.
- Working knowledge of Bluetooth standards (BT classic, BLE, BT5.0, BT5.2 LEA) is also desirable
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to develop detailed system architecture and design documentation
Push the envelope of audio/video technology implemented in Apple products. As a chip architect work with audio HW EE teams and audio SW team to productize new innovative and differentiated audio features. Define & document WLAN/Bluetooth HW architectures and performance requirements. Cover both chip and platform architecture. Collaborate with SoC, BT/Connectivity HW/SW, and audio/video teams to specify architecture and performance targets. Optimize power consumption.
Education & Experience
MS/Ph.D. is preferred.