Provides support to patients and family members. Functions as a liaison staff, patients and families.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Provides support to patients and families by greeting patients, making purposeful rounds, soliciting and discussing concerns expressed.
- Anticipates and offers emotional support for patients and significant others and collaborates with charge nurse and/or primary care nurse to provide communication for patients and significant others as needed.
- Provides communication link between patient/significant others and health care team; uses psycho-social principles to evaluate patients and their families; provides information and assistance as appropriate.
- Manages patient /visitor concerns by consistently focusing on the current patient satisfaction level and directly following up on any "dissatisfiers" identified.
- Maintains knowledge of departmental issues and hospital wide changes by attending appropriate meetings and in-services and by keeping abreast of all appropriate written material provided to the employees.
- Working knowledge and use of the current Concern Management System used by the medical center and uses this system on a regular basis.
- Provides assistance to patients who wish to have assistance with Advance Directives.
- Aware of state regulations with regard to complaint follow-up and resolution and follows those guidelines.
- Educated and empowered in Service Recovery.
- Documents appropriately in Medical Record and in daily reports to co-workers.
- High school diploma or equivalent with two years of experience in health care setting with significant dealing with the public.
- In lieu of diploma, five (5) years of recent experience in health care setting with significant dealing with the public will be considered.
- Basic understanding of medical terminology and events.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues and confidential situations.
- Bilingual preferred.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands - Medium
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.