Wireless Technology & Ecosystems, Systems Architect
San Diego , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Dec 9, 2020
Role Number: 200211106
Join the Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems (WTE) team and be part of an outstanding team of engineers, working with multi-functional teams to drive innovation and develop products used by millions worldwide. We are looking for an architect to join our group and drive innovation that matters!. We build, design and seamlessly integrate end-to-end technologies that enrich people's lives and deliver the best user-experience. If you're passionate about building new technologies, have strong technical leadership and interpersonal skills, we may have the opportunity for you!
- Proven track record to optimally lead multi-functional teams and proficiency in leading technical initiatives across diverse groups.
- Solid experience in wireless communication protocols and systems. Deep understanding of wireless standards: (including but not limited to 3GPP 5G-NR/5GC, LTE, IEEE 802.11ax, 802.11ad, IP, TCP/UDP) and their application on End to end product design.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills and ability to develop detailed system architecture and design documentation
- Ability to quickly adapt to new techniques and out-of-the box thinking.
- Consistent record of innovation and bringing new insights to mass production
- 7+ years of wireless system Design or architecture experience, SW/HW partitioning and simulations/prototyping aspects
The Wireless system architecture team is always looking for innovative ways to use wireless communication technologies and enable new services and products that surprise and delight our customers. We are seeking an experienced engineer that can help us architect, design, and drive new initiatives within the company and the industry. The candidate will work in a small team and will engage with multiple engineering-groups, vendors, suppliers to : Analyze wireless communication system/Software requirements based on wireless standards and new product requirements Experience in building technical specifications for wireless products. Drive internal and external teams efforts to bring new ideas and new features to execution Simulate and Prototype new ideas in both wireless devices and core network Collaborate with cellular chipset vendors to ensure consistency of system/software architecture with the requirements, and that it meet the internal critical metrics.
Education & Experience
Masters in Electrical Engineering or Wireless Communications