Trust and Safety Policy Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Dec 9, 2020
Role Number: 200211166
quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Trust & Safety (T&S) works to ensure Apple remains the safest and most trusted ecosystem for hardware, software, and services. We support content creators and consumers with products and services that allow people to connect, explore and receive credible and authentic information, and communicate freely and safely.
- - 8+ years of experience in fields such as Online Risk, Operations, Customer Service, Trust & Safety and/or Risk Management
- - 4+ years of management and leadership roles
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- - Outstanding leadership, facilitation and problem-solving skills. Ability to effectively collaborate and influence at all levels of the organization.
- - A broad enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation of strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies and governance.
- - Experience managing/supporting relationships related to abuse prevention solutions.
- - Strong situational awareness and decision-making abilities
- - Relationship-oriented, enjoy working with both people + technology, and be a self-motivated learner
- - Well-versed in risk and fraud management strategies
- - Experience working in fast-paced, high-growth, and results orientated environment that demands excellence
- - Ability to succeed in a highly collaborative team environment with multiple in-flight initiatives and partners
- - Exceptional communication skills and the demonstrable ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations.
- - Experience with change management
- - Superior judgment, problem resolution, team building, negotiation, decision-making skills
- - Ability to successfully navigate between tactical and strategic objectives
- - Manages confidentiality without exception
You will be building a team of policy specialists responsible for designing, writing, and implementing policy and safety solutions for a wide range of safety and trust-related issues. We innovate, experiment, and move quickly. We're a learning organization with a growth mentality, and we're always looking for ways to improve our policies, processes, and ourselves. You should be able to handle highly sensitive, confidential, and non-routine information supporting a rapidly changing organization. Using your strong communication skills, you'll effectively collaborate with a variety of people and job functions, juggling and accomplishing tasks of moderate to high complexity and are able to work productively in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. You will co-create rules and policies and build the team and processes to ensure the timely updates and consistent enforcement of policies. You will lead the development of comprehensive, cohesive policy frameworks, rules, and enforcement guidance, grounded in Apple's values and respect for consumers and content creators rights and the principles of procedural fairness. In this role you will be responsible for: Defining the global vision, direction, and high-level priorities for the team and working in support of both team and company goals. Deepening T&S' engagement and collaboration across Apple to ensure that internal dependencies are reflected in our roadmap and vice versa Cultivating internal partnerships and collaborating cross-functionally with policy and enforcement teams across the company to ensure we benefit from each other's strengths, keep others informed, and eliminate surprises. Building a growing team through headcount planning, direct mentoring, diligent hiring, and a comprehensive staff development plan; guiding and supporting the hiring decisions of regional heads; creating an inclusive team culture that is psychologically safe while serving as a role model for such a culture. Setting and maintaining performance metrics and eliminating blockers that may prevent team members from operating efficiently to produce relevant policies and providing enforcement guidance. Providing guidance on complex, high-visibility cases and projects; adapting and realigning priorities in response to emergent crises. Driving high-stakes and high-profile initiatives on behalf of the Director of T&S. Representing the T&S team internally and externally on conversations, speaking events, and panel discussions as appropriate. Proven track record of building and managing robust teams, setting a vision and strategy to drive the teams forward and keeping them focused on delivering results critical to business success Identify and analyze improvements to the business - opportunities for improving the customer experience and driving operating efficiency - to support the strategic and operational goals of Trust & Safety Ability to lead and influence in a matrixed environment is critical Foster collaboration, value other's perspectives and gain support and consensus for organizational proposals Ability to negotiate with peers and senior leaders to come to agreed upon and productive solutions to business problems Proven track record of creating and developing strong relationships with both business and engineering leadership Partner with cross-functional teams to produce requirements and design for business capabilities that align to Apple's business and technology strategies
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Arts