Senior Software Engineer - Partner Solutions and Technologies
Austin , Texas , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Nov 16, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200207126
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we craft products and experiences people once couldn't have imagined - and now can't imagine living without. If you're motivated by the idea of making a real impact, and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your dream job. IS&T's Partner Solutions and Technologies team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work closely with the Marcom and other business teams to understand their content sharing requirements and develop cutting edge solutions. In this role you will be partnering with cross functional teams across Apple. You will work closely with our business leaders and other partners to implement these new solutions. The candidate must be able to work independently, understand the needs and build the solutions for sophisticated architecture and comfortable working under pressure at times during unsociable hours.
- Hands-on with architecture, design, development and deployment of enterprise systems
- Experience rolling out distributed, large-scale, low latency web applications
- Strong experience in Java/JEE, developing and consuming REST services
- Proficient in Spring framework and related open source technologies
- Experience with relational and no-SQL databases. MongoDB would be a plus.
- Working experience in Software Development Lifecycles and Agile methodologies
- Experience with automated testing methodologies and frameworks
- Experience or familiarity with UDP based products (Aspera, Signiant) or transport protocols TCP/UDP a plus
- Experience with AWS core technologies a plus
- Architect, design and implement highly available and scalable enterprise solutions that can match Apple volumes - Ability to distinguish/combine relevant SQL and NoSQL technologies to architect the right solution - Utilize the expertise in Java frameworks including Spring, REST - Interface with Business, application owners, developers and project managers - Be responsible for promised deliveries in time - Collaboration with Project Management team and cross functional teams - Review technical designs and perform code review
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or information management plus 7-10 years of experience, or MS degree plus 5-7 years, or equivalent.