Full Stack Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Dec 10, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200208814
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new insights have a way of very quickly becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple's Information Systems & Technology (IS&T) organization manages key business and technical infrastructure at Apple-how online orders are placed, the customer experience with technology in our retails stores, how much network capacity we need around the world, and so much more. The IS&T Strategy and Programs team within IS&T is responsible for managing, planning, and executing the most strategically significant multi-functional initiatives within IS&T. This team develops, coordinates, and supports many engineering solutions and programs to refine IS&T's culture and strengthen employees' engagement and communication. Composer-Apple's HTML e-mail creation tool-enables users to build professional-looking emails for internal communications and promoting teams' brand identities. In this role, you will examine the current UX-designed templates to identify areas of improvement, host focus groups with Composer power users, and lead development of future template iterations. You will also be responsible for prototyping and developing systems and tools to fulfill employees' engagement, development, and communication goals.
- Expert knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Proficiency with web UX conventions and standards
- Excellent knowledge of Node.js, Java, and various database technologies, including Oracle and MySQL
- 5+ years' experience delivering sophisticated web or email solutions
- Critical thinking, creativity, and patience
- Ability to generate outstanding and custom solutions to unusual problems
- Solid understanding of the full lifecycle development process (SDLC) including comprehending business and functional requirements, developing detailed technical designs, and implementing testable solutions.
The successful candidate is passionate about solving exciting problems with technology. They will play a hands-on role in design and development, delivering updates and features for Apple internal applications, such as Composer, in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. They will be supporting Apple's business by delivering innovative systems and tools to monitor system health, performance, and deployment. Additionally, they will work with project managers and technical teams in a multi-functional environment to implement quality products that meet the business goals. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, pro-active and solution oriented.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or relevant field
- Experience with building sophisticated, component-based emails
- Experience with crafting and maintaining a template build system