UIKit Frameworks Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Dec 10, 2020
Role Number: 200211243
Do you want to help define the future of iOS development? Join the UIKit team and help work on new APIs and UIKit components used in millions of iOS Applications. Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same real passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it.
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Proficient in Objective-C and UIKit fundamentals
- Passion for clean and well-layered architecture
- Strong engineering and debugging skills
- Ability to craft elegant and concise APIs
- Excellent communication skills
- Excitement to build software that makes a tangible difference in peoples' lives!
The UIKit framework provides a wide range of functionality and is used in every single iPhone and iPad application. It encompasses touch and event handling, animations, views, windows, controls, and higher level components such as UITableView and UICollectionView. Your responsibilities will include working closely with the HI design team on new UI concepts and adding features to existing components that complement the future iterations of iPad and iPhone hardware. In addition, you will work multi-functionally with many application developers inside Apple to define the next set of UIKit features and corresponding APIs. This best-in-class team is a group of very hardworking engineers with a love for reusable design and architecture. The team is passionate about delivering elegant and extensible solutions in an energized and collaborative environment. We are looking for talented individuals who share those same values and want to improve and extend our frameworks and products. If you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you. With your enthusiasm and dedication, there is no telling what we can accomplish!
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- - Desired experience with CoreAnimation
- - Desired experience with frameworks development
- - Familiarity (proficiency) in Swift is also desirable.