The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we’ve modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees—including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.
Technical Product Owner - Job Description
Benjamin Moore is currently seeking a Technical Product Owner to join our Digital Products team at our Corporate Headquarters in Montvale, NJ. The role requires that the individual be a self-starter with demonstrated skills leading internal and 3rd party engineering teams responsible for product development, application architecture, UX/UI design, web API design and governance and database schema design with considerations for resilience, performance, extensibility and security.
· Responsible for leading engineers and other technical staff responsible for successful delivery and ongoing evolution of digital products. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in product engineering and UI/UX development. Drive product improvements by partnering with business partners and key stakeholders in defining and improving the customer experience. A key contributor to the Digital Product Design organization in helping develop and implement product strategy and roadmaps.
· Product management responsibilities including managing the full lifecycle of an application/product and all affiliated responsibilities such as:
• business product owner relationship management
• design reviews and feature enhancements
• manage the development resources allocated to the product
• be the product “scrum master” and own the prioritization and sprint planning to facilitate an agile based CI/CD product delivery model
• ownership of product design and customer experience research and analysis (UX/CX).
• ownership of product's technical architecture and strategy development
· Participate in all aspects of product development and design including performance, scaling, coding, caching, security, encryption, state management, error logging and testing.
· Take a product through the entire lifecycle of analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation and support.
· Work with product management and business analysts in an agile environment to ensure continual release of high value deliverables.
· Collaborate with other developers and business analysts in conceptualizing and developing new software applications and enhancements.
· Analyze business requirements and architect software solutions to satisfy those requirements.
· Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
· Employ best practices for designing scalable, extensible, secure applications in a Windows environment.
· Design and develop both internal and external facing APIs/RESTful services for Enterprise Application Integration of applications hosted on premise and in the cloud.
· Design database schemas and stored procedures
· Perform unit testing and analyze application and database performance on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, resolving performance bottlenecks, and general debugging.
· Collaborate with infrastructure team, DBAs, and other software developers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
· Assist/mentor other developers with full stack enterprise application design strategies utilizing best practices.
· Proven experience in product engineering. Must have the passion for being involved in the full cycle of product development - from ideation to deployment. Will serve as the single point of contact for all things technical for a given product.
· Must be proficient with UI/UX design tools/frameworks to work with product designers to quickly prototype and ideate around refining user experience.
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, information systems, or a related field from an accredited college or university is preferred.
· Ability to complete all phases of SDLC including analysis, design, development, testing and support utilizing traditional waterfall and Scrum/Agile methodologies.
· Ability to innovate and develop product frameworks based on rich user experience and scalable technical architecture.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Experience with software versioning and release management.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Must be a team player working in a matrix organization. Contribute to the success of products not under your direct responsibility and help mentor and raise the quality of product development. Assist with code reviews and help establish best practices to continuously improve and attain operational excellence.
o 5+ years of experience designing/developing responsive web & mobile applications,
o Strong understanding of digital product development with an emphasis on customer experience and analytics driven product evolution.
o Microsoft Azure & cloud native application development
o Node JS development
o JIRA or VSTS/ Azure DevOps
o Responsive web site design
o Data engineering - SQL, NoSQL, analytics
o Mobile Application development (desirable)
o Experience with serverless technologies & API based microservices (highly desirable)