Territory Representative –New York Metro Area
Benjamin Moore & Co is currently looking for an ambitious and self-motivated individual to join our sales team. You will be accountable for delivering sustainable and profitable sales and market share growth in your territory by calling on retailers, painting contractors, purchasing agents, property managers, and other commercial users; and will also lead the implementation of product placement, programs and services within your assigned stores. The territory covers New York City.
We Are Looking For:
- Energetic Salespeople. Confident, results-oriented salespeople to represent our brand with an unparalleled work ethic and drive to support our retailers and customers in a customer-centric way.
- Relationship focused partners. People who understand market positioning and can use their relationship skills and depth of knowledge to secure buy-in, cooperation, and loyalty.
- Team players. Partners who listen to ideas, share thoughts and work together to move the business forward.
This is a great opportunity to develop your sales experience with a high-energy team and become part of an iconic and growing Berkshire Hathaway family brand. Benjamin Moore offers a company car, as well as a competitive compensation & benefits package designed to attract the very best sales professionals.
- Focus on customer satisfaction by demonstrating teamwork and empowerment, solving problems through a consultative approach, operating with honesty and integrity and providing a highly responsive and unsurpassed level of customer service.
- Establish yourself as your customers “go-to” expert by bringing a dynamic mix of technical knowledge, business acumen and a thoughtful customer approach to the table.
- Develop and cultivate relationships for new business, existing accounts, in order to increase profitability and sales growth for both Benjamin Moore and our partners.
- Drive, orchestrate and close opportunities with key partners, producing transformative business outcomes.
- Leverage professional solution based selling skills to meet customer needs while utilizing selling tools provided.
- Seek and qualify new business in accordance with Company account stratification goals.
- Research customer business needs and develop a mix of products and service to meet demands.
Required Skills and Desired Knowledge
- BA/BS college degree preferred, or equivalent industry business experience.
- Two plus years B2B sales experience preferred (previous paint experience not required).
- Excellent communication, listening and public speaking skills with the ability to listen, negotiate and effectively persuade others.
- A real people-person. You live for building relationships and thrive in interpersonal settings while demonstrating an ability to forge strong, positive business relationships.
- High degree of self-discipline, organization, and effective at time management; ability to meet deadlines is imperative.
- An innate sense of accountability, self-motivator that is comfortable with autonomy.
- Demonstrate teamwork ability and persistence when dealing with customers as well as company departments related to the selling function.
- Ability to drive outcomes and meet expectations, not afraid to follow-up and give/take feedback.
- Exceptional Interpersonal skills; confident, enthusiastic and a friendly demeanor.
- Ability to analyze situations and identify opportunities for success.
- Effective decision making and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, CRM experience a plus.
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record a must.
- Ability to work evenings & weekends when necessary.
- Ability to travel daily within territory and do up to 25% overnight trips.
- Ideal candidate will reside within the territory outlined above.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus.
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we’ve modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees—including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer F/M/D/V