Provides support to the Manager of Payroll for maintaining the payroll system and processing payroll for employees of the Health System.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reviews/audits timecards for compliance with personnel policy and accuracy. Monitors/reviews and ensures that timecard approvers are compliant with payroll deadline. Reconciles hours to dollars during payroll close. Reconciles Federal and State total/taxable wage bases, as well as current pay period/YTD W2 reconciliation, ensuring there are no variances.
- Manages e-mails in Payroll Office inbox and enters Payroll Adjustments in a timely manner, ensuring adjustment made in TASS equals adjustment submitted by the department.
- Sets up new garnishments in HRP. Enters all garnishments and Acct Pay withholdings into PeopleSoft for payment. Once AP delivers checks, processes/mails checks.
- Prints/mails live paychecks and compliance for unclaimed property payroll checks.
- Back up for the Payroll close including the processes for tax submission and State Unemployment Insurance remittances.
- Maintains and reconciles payroll deductions captured through the Odyssey ID Badge System.
- Processes requests from HR (Compensation) for retroactive pay calculations and enters into HRP.
- Enters all Time Entry (tuition reimbursements, Project Advance, etc.) into HRP.
- Keeps current of changes in State and Federal laws as they pertain to the payroll function. Develops new procedures and policies related to payroll compliance, utilizing knowledge of state and federal policies and regulations.
- Involved in W2 processing, ensuring all W2 boxes are correct with no variances.
- Bachelor's or Associate's Degree with at least five year of payroll experience; and/or CPP certification. Candidates without a degree or certification should have more than 10 years of direct experience.
- Three years in a business environment involving significant public contact.
- Demonstrable numerical skills and 35 wpm typing are required.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands - Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.