AI/ML - Engineering Project Manager, Siri Data Analytics
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Machine Learning and AI
Posted: Dec 12, 2020
Role Number: 200211763
As a member of the Siri Data Products & Platforms EPM group, you will be responsible for improving and enhancing the quality of Siri features for hundreds of millions of users around the world, coming up with creative solutions for scaling quality assurance for a multi-platform, global, and rapidly growing product. You will work with Siri's Assistant Analytics organization to help deliver on our vision to improve Siri by using data as the voice of our customers. Join us, and impact hundreds of millions of customers across a plethora of Apple of devices! We develop scalable, performant, and quality enterprise data services, for the ultimate goal of measuring and improving Siri. We're looking for an experienced hands-on project manager to coordinate teams of hardworking and creative backend engineers to help us deliver on that mission. We're looking for people with a consistent track record of project managing complex and highly leveraged data-pipelines, data-analytics, and data collection products.
- 4+ years project management, engineering management, and/or QA/QC engineering experience for software development quality in a fast paced, incredibly complex service.
- Technical project management or engineering ownership of data-analysis or data-collection tools used by external engineering teams;
- Experience gathering, analyzing, and presenting data and metrics to back up assumptions, make recommendations and drive actions.
- Career examples of hands-on involvement of delivering analytics work products and tooling that are used by engineering teams and product teams to improve the customer experience.
- Self-motivated, independent, and proactive; demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities; can quickly triage, prioritize, and lead under pressure.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization.
- Help lead the Siri Assistant Analytics program, streamlining processes, creating frameworks that scale across different teams, and supporting safe and continuous/agile development and release. - Own all aspects of project planning for Siri's Assistant Analytics used for building the right measurement and evaluation frameworks for Apple's Siri Assistant, partnering closely with our data scientists, assistant product managers, and engineers to gather requirements, scope effort, manage resource allocation and prioritization frameworks and schedule of deliverables. - Facilitate communication cross-functionally with other teams, ensuring that requirements are well understood, and that priorities and delivery schedules expectations are managed. - Create and run processes that allow for the maximum agility and adaptation across Siri's Data analytics teams while measuring and maintaining the highest possible product quality. - Build relationships across the Siri organization, educating teams on the right way to ship the finest software possible; facilitate communication between cross-divisional groups around Apple.
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE/CS/CE or equivalent in statistics, computer science, economics (with strong data analysis focus)
- - Prior data analysis experience (SQL, Python/Jupyter Notebooks, Tableau, Superset, Strong Pivot-Table-Fu)
- - Bonus if you have significant statistics experience (education or work).
- - Prior experience working with data engineers (e.g. engineers who use tools such as Airflow, Luigi, Jenkins, MapReduce, Pig, Spark, Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Greenplum, Vertica, etc.)