Data Scientist- Apple Cloud Services
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Dec 12, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200211294
There are jobs and then there are opportunities. This is an opportunity for an upbeat and self-driven, Full Stack Data Scientist to work on the next-gen data products on our Cloud data team. As a member of our group here in Apple Cloud, you will have an outstanding and extraordinary opportunity to craft the systems that allow our products to delight and encourage millions of Apple's customers every day! This is a hands-on, role, that provides data driven insight to improve revenue, margin and customer experience of our Cloud services. This role will be instrumental in building data engineering assets and statistical/machine learning models to surface meaningful business insights and communicate these results and ideas to key decision makers within Apple. This role requires working closely with multi-functional teams such as Marketing, Finance and Product Engineering teams to understand their processes and analytic needs and provide guidance that benefit Apple.
- 7 + years proven ability in analyzing data and reporting.
- Strong data mining and statistical modeling background.
- Shown mathematical knowledge understanding of machine learning techniques such as regression, time series analysis, clustering, decision tree techniques.
- Recent experience with building models such as Forecasting growth, Predicting churn, Customer clustering and detecting anomaly.
- Experience in data engineering in Big Data systems.
- Expertise in crafting Data Models for high performance and scalability
- Experience with Spark, Hadoop or other distributed frameworks
- Experience in high-level programming language for analysis (e.g Python, R, Scala)
- Additional Success Factors:
- Understanding Subscription based business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self motivated, independent and proactive
- Ability to work with multi-functional teams, set priorities and lead multiple projects simultaneously with critical timelines.
This role will be performing - Adhoc data analysis - You will build data engineering assets using Scala, Python and other big data SQL technologies - Program in Java/Python/R to develop predictive and forecasting models - Device advanced statistical/machine learning methods to improve current KPIs - Operationalize the data engineering and machine learning models - Build visualizations to communicate insights and analytics findings
Education & Experience
- BA/BS/BE in a quantitative field (Statistics, Computer Science, Ops Research etc.) - Masters or PhD in Statistics/Mathematics is a plus No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.