Data Systems Lead/Manager - Global Infrastructure Operations
Sacramento , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Dec 11, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200210464
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We're looking for an outstanding candidate to join our Global Infrastructure Operations Data Systems Support team, leading an operations team within our Compute function. This role will directly lead a 24x7 group of system analysts and administrators responsible for supporting Apple's Global Compute Infrastructure, maximizing uptime for Database systems services such as AppleMusic, AppleTV, iCloud, AppleMaps, ApplePay, AppleNews, FaceTime, Content, ERP, Siri and more.
- Minimum of 10+ years of working in an IT, Internet Services, or Cloud environment infrastructure solutions and operations
- Experience with DBMS concepts and DB systems administration, Linux/Unix systems administration in medium to large complex production environments, with a preference on experience in both engineer and lead/management roles
- Solid understanding of various DB technologies, High Availability solutions & RAC environments and Engineered systems/ appliances is desirable
- Knowledge of DB backup/recovery solutions and DB storage systems
- Proven history of experience and increasing responsibility as a lead/manager in database systems operations functions and administration and High Availability configurations
- Strong understanding of Oracle and other DB systems operations discipline, workflows, and driving efficiency in operations and maintenance work
- Good understanding of data center processes, and experience deploying operating systems(OS) & services across multiple data center facilities
- Knowledge of container orchestration and management technologies is desirable
- Demonstrated experience in using data, analytics, and automation to improve efficiency and productivity
- Experience with ticketing and analytics platforms such as ServiceNow and Tableau, and maximizing them to gain insights to drive efficiency
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to build strong and effective cross functional relationships.
- Experience in leading technical teams.
- Expertise in automation initiatives, awareness in scripting languages such as Shell, Python or experience with Ansible or Puppet is a plus.
Apple Cloud Services (ACS) and corporate DB hosts in our compute operations domain. You will engage with internal Engineering & SRE customer partners, and Global partners to deliver high availability, and highly efficient operations in global infrastructure services. This role will drive key goals in the areas of data systems support, automation, process standardization, measurement, analytics, and efficiency. RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: Handle alert tickets, break fixes, maintaining and upgrading existing data systems, sustain operations and contribute to technical and procedural documentations. Assess employee performance by addressing under-performance, and recognizing and promoting outstanding performance. Obsess over details and drive operational perfection in every aspect of your work to deliver the best customer experience possible.
Education & Experience
Masters or BS degree or equivalent work experience DBMS/Systems certifications