Software Engineering Lead
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Dec 9, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200208233
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Retail Technology's Interactive Systems team is responsible for the development of cutting edge in-store customer experiences as well as the tools that help bring those experiences to life. Our apps and cloud services are deployed across Apple Stores worldwide and are crucial to supporting award-winning Today At Apple programming and the ever-evolving Apple Retail experience.
- Strong core programming and software engineering and design skills.
- Extensive experience with building cloud based services to support many clients. Grappled with problems such as synchronization, consistency vs availability, performance tuning.
- Extensive experience throughout the software development lifecycle including system architecture and design, implementation, QA, reliability and scale engineering, maintenance and support, task tracking toolchain (e.g. JIRA).
- Familiarity with the product development lifecycle including evaluating requirements, planning work, communicating to stakeholders, change management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to effectively work with diverse personalities and to influence others without relying on authority.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to inspire and align not only other engineers but partners and other leaders alike.
- Demonstrated ability to digest and use new technology quickly and strategically.
- Consistent track record successfully making progress amidst ambiguity.
- Interest in digital technology in a physical space and a passion for extraordinary user experiences.
As a Software Engineering Lead on the Interactive Systems team, you will work with teammates to quickly build, iterate, and improve a suite of applications and services on web, Linux, and Apple technology (e.g. iOS, macOS) platforms. This role has the key responsibility of designing and scaling our systems to prepare for the future. You may be required to think architecturally about how to build an efficient platform that we can rely on in the morning and implement key reference components of that architecture in the afternoon. Driving a unified vision and implementation of this platform is a rare opportunity that is truly broad in scope. Are you ready to be challenged to think about everything from AV hardware, to mobile apps, to both employee and customer users, to Apple's world class Retail environment?
Education & Experience
- NICE TO HAVE
- Deep iOS experience such as shipping and managing an iOS App in the App Store, integrating with Mobile Device Management systems, internationalization.
- Experience with media manipulation and playback including technologies such as HLS, FFmpeg, h.265, CDNs, AVFoundation.
- Experience making large discrete improvements to a future version of a critical system while maintaining its current operation.
- Experience working with or contributing to DevOps organizations.