Software Engineer, IAM
Austin , Texas , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Dec 15, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200210728
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple's Identity and Access Management engineering team is building a number of highly scalable web applications and platform solutions that work across multiple platforms (iOS, OS X, Web) to manage the user access and identity. We work on many high-impact projects that serve various Apple lines of business. In this role you will be leading a team of software engineers that are building cutting edge, fast and interactive web applications incorporating the best user experience patterns and technologies available. You'll work closely with our business stakeholders and other partners to implement new solutions. In this role you will be working with other hardworking engineering minds across the company working on some coolest technologies. This is an exciting role, demanding a strong in technology and an appetite for solving sophisticated and novel problems.
- 10+ years proven experience in software development.
- Strong object-oriented programming and design skills
- Experience with distributed systems and service-oriented architectures
- Knowledge of open-source application servers like Tomcat or JBoss
- Experience with relational / NoSQL databases (Couchbase, Mongo DB)
- Experience with schema design and ORM such as Hibernate
- Experience in SQL and DB Query optimization
- Experience with Java (J2EE / J2SE) and related technologies: Spring Framework, Hibernate, JUnit / TestNG
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Strong hands-on knowledge of XML / XSL
- Experience implementing critical, large scale web services
- Experience with handling mission critical, 24x7 systems
Apple's Identity and Access Management engineering team is looking for a hardworking software engineer to develop large scale enterprise-wide applications. This is a hands-on role requiring design and development of sophisticated software systems to support existing and new product features. The systems we build are highly critical and touch every aspect of Apple's business. This is a high visibility role requiring strong technical skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced development environment to build state of the art access management and provisioning solutions for sophisticated enterprise business problems. Responsibilities:
Design and develop large scale distributed systems
Design and develop highly scalable and reliable web applications
Design and develop workflow systems
Design and develop RESTFUL WebServices and expose to enterprise wide consumers.
Collaborate with other specialists on code reviews, internal infrastructure, and process improvements.
This exciting position will require a self-starter who can effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously, meet bold deadlines, and enjoys the thrill of a dynamic environment.
Education & Experience
BS / MS in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong proficiencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Understanding of internet identity standards and protocols, such as OAuth, SAML, OpenID, and/or authentication protocols is a plus.
- Good grasp of application security concepts
- Ability to priorities multiple opposing priorities in a fast-paced environment