You’re a details person. You analyze and review data, uncovering trends that impact the bottom line.
Sodexo is seeking a Senior Finance Manager for its School Services segment at Springfield Public Schools. The position will support the Resident District Manager and General Manager in all financial aspects, which include accounts payable and receivable, cash management, accruals, budget, forecasting, financial reporting, trend analysis, inventory analysis. This is a "business partner" role, in which the individual is expected to lead all financial aspects, but also expected to provide insights and information to help the team make better business decisions. The successful candidate will ensure unit financial compliance and make recommendations to improve financial reporting.
The candidate should possess a clear working knowledge of Sodexo’s Finance platform_. The Finance Manager will have the ability to work with Resident District Manager, General Manager_,_ clients, and zone managers in reporting key result indicators around financial guarantees with risk and reward.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will:
- Assist and develop a strategic direction to ensure Sodexo and client success
- Lead budgeting and reporting processes including developing financial targets, key metrics, multi-year financial projections and alignment of financial and operational objectives
- Proactively identify process improvements, cost efficiency initiatives, while helping to drive stronger ownership over the businesses productivity programs to drive better financial outcomes
- Create, coordinate, and evaluate financial controls and supporting information
- Ensure effective internal controls are in place and enhance internal control systems
- Manage all finance personnel and oversees financial IT reporting systems
- Keep the client aware of the financial position and financial developments
- Develop appropriate key performance indicators to monitor and drive financial performance
- Ensure proper training of all accounting and accountability personnel
- Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, detailed analysis and reports
- Represent Sodexo in a manner that enhances the Company’s reputation.
Preferred candidate will have
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting or finance
- Decision-making and problem solving skills
- Exceptional financial, analytical, and modeling skills
- Proven management abilities in the areas of performance management, leadership influence and client engagement
- High proficiency with Excel and MicroSoft suite software
- Leadership skills with the ability to delegate, motivate and inspire team members
- 3-5 years’ experience in senior financial manager position
- Manufacturing industry experience to include plant operations / accounting / inventory control.
- Leadership skills, with steadfast resolve, honesty and personal integrity
- Exceptional verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Ability to manage time effectively
Learn more about _Sodexo’s Benefits_
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Finance positions in a variety of markets, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. _Continue your search for Finance jobs_.
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring
Has in-depth knowledge in financial planning and basic knowledge of related disciplines. Solves complex problems using economic research and studies of rates of return, depreciation and investments. Analyzes profit-and-loss income statements and prepares reports and recommendations to management. Interprets forecasts and analyzes trends in sales, finance and other areas of business. Researches economic progressions to assist the organization's financial planning. Creates financial models of "what if" scenarios for future business planning decisions in areas such as new product development, new marketing strategies, etc.; takes a new perspective on existing solutions. Works independently; receives minimal guidance. May lead projects or project steps within a broader project or have accountability for ongoing activities or objectives. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May represent the level at which career may stabilize for many years or even until retirement.