Apple Media Products - Operations Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Dec 14, 2020
Role Number: 200211426
- Past experience in some/all of the following...
- - Managing or running distributed systems and delivering internet services at scale
- - Working in Linux or Unix environments and ability to tune for performance (e.g. disk or memory)
- - Systems configuration management with devops and automation tools (e.g. chef, Jenkins)
- - Systems monitoring experience with tools like Nagios & Splunk
- - The ability to troubleshoot complex distributed systems
- - Other systems like containers and message queues (e.g. Kafka, Apache, Jetty)
- - Infrastructure knowledge of networks, CDNs, load balancers, etc
- - Agile development with code tools like svn and git
- - Knowledge of video ecosystem and delivery of large scale video
- - Aptitude to independently network, learn, and influence multi-functional teams both business and technical
- - Good written and communication skills
- - Ability to organize, plan and deliver against key achievements
- - Demonstrated ability to deliver solutions that are maintainable, understandable and diagnosable
Apple Media Products is looking for an operations engineer to drive tools, monitoring, and processes to support its dynamic growth. Join our exciting team that is dedicated to providing the highest quality video and media products to our customers. Our team is responsible for the software that drives real-time end-to-end quality of service and influences the performance of Apple's vast service delivery architecture. We are looking for a standout colleague who is able to take on problems under tight deadline constraints and deliver imaginative solutions. Responsibilities will include: tools and applications to support measuring and monitoring video quality, building data analytics and real-time dashboards, driving processes to detect, react and solve customer issues, and finally working across Apple from customer care to core platforms to build new capabilities.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and Engineering or related field - 5+ years of industry experience
- This role may work an alternative schedule, including Saturdays and/or Sundays.