Sensor SW User Study Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Dec 15, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200212336
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. Passionate about influencing the way the world uses Apple products while exploring technologies that drive future technologies? The Sensor Software and Prototyping team at Apple is looking for an extraordinary Program Manager to join our growing team to lead and drive internal and external user study and prototyping research related efforts. This candidate ideally has a strong background in Technical Account Management and experience driving external vendors, while coordinating between Apple internal hardware and software teams. Exceptional interpersonal skills are a requirement. The ability to handle complex multi-functional team coordination is essential too.
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty.
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills; and detailed oriented mindset.
- Experience working and collaborating with internal hardware and software teams, driving contract negotiations, and troubleshooting legal hurdles.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with proven creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Experienced in driving vendor negotiations, procurement and project execution.Well-versed in agile project management methodologies.
- Ability to Grasp complex technical topics. Abstract key issues and risks into an actionable format for team members and executives
- Technical knowledge of Hardware, Firmware, Software interfaces, , especially focused on consumer products.
- Experience driving end-to-end system bring up with a focus on prototype hardware and software. Knowledge of user-centered design principles.
Collaborate with multi-functional teams to drive appropriate research and prototyping opportunities in a dynamic agile environment. Drive user study related requirements (e.g. identify and recruit user study participants, security and legal compliance, logistics, etc.), decision-making and integrity around user study efforts. Identify and highlight technical risk areas and mitigation strategies in partnership with Apple technologists. Cross-functionally track and communicate the key developments and updates on projects. Synthesize large amounts of data into concise written and verbal analyses that provide key findings, recommendations and actionable items. Build schedule, identify critical paths, and track program plan throughout execution.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or higher degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science or related technical field.