Technical Operations Engineer
Austin , Texas , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Dec 15, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200211272
The people here at Apple don't just build products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. We at Apple's Identity Management Services (IDMS) group are seeking an extraordinary engineer who will ensure the availability, performance, maintenance and 3rd level support of a high volume, highly available, critical enterprise Identity Management systems. The position requires strategic engineering, along with tactical hands-on technical work. As a Technical Engineer, you will be responsible for reviewing hardware, software infrastructure and application functionality for optimization and identifying performance bottlenecks. As an Operations Engineer, you will own the full system lifecycle including configuration and code deployment in user acceptance test and production environments. As a Site Reliability Support Engineer, you'll supervise infrastructure and application services and drive incident management. As a Technical and Operations Engineer, you will work closely with Apple's production support team, application engineers, project managers, systems engineers, network engineers, database administrators and QA team to effectively ensure availability and reliability of IDMS.
- Strong Java troubleshooting experience. Development experience is a plus.
- Strong Experience in configuration, tuning, deployment of Application / Web servers such as JBoss, Apache, Tomcat
- Strong analysis, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent Scripting & Automation skills
- Understanding of Database and NoSql Technologies.
- Good fundamentals on Release Management. Continuous Integration & Delivery
- Good Infrastructure knowledge of Load balancers, VIP configuration, Linux, Storage
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Familiar with LDAP, Active Directory, and Single Sign On implementations
- Good hands-on with Auditing & Monitoring tools.
- Cloud Computing & Operations experience is a plus.
- Excellent eye for detail and a self-motivated problem solver. Passionate about Apple and delivering the best user experience to our customers.
If you have a passion for solving problems and automating repeated tasks for business-critical Identity and Access Management applications, we are interested in you. To drive creative solutions to make applications available in multi data center and spawn new applications in new datacenter on need basis in an easy and non-intrusive way without impacting business To have extra focus on security & compliance details when collaborating with teams across apple. To understand sophisticated Identity & Access Management applications and its impact to Apple's business and effectively drive P0/P1 investigations To consistently and deftly automate things to make process and system easier to work with
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.