Sr. Engineering Manager and Singapore Site Lead for AMP Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Dec 15, 2020
Role Number: 200212342
We are seeking an experienced Senior Manager or Director of Software Engineering that will manage multiple engineering teams in our Singapore office. AMP Engineering is responsible for key businesses in Apple's Services division including - App Store, Apple Music, TV and Appletv+, Apple Books, Podcasts and more. Our engineering teams design and deliver key features in areas such as commerce, search, personalization, machine learning, microservices, site reliability, performance and streaming. The ideal candidate will have a history of leading server-side engineering teams on large scale internet service businesses and mobile applications. We are looking for a leader with an aptitude for strategic thinking and proven on-time delivery of key features. Our teams utilize a diverse array of technologies that span data engineering, application server development, machine learning, information retrieval, relational databases, and big data processing. We are looking for a leader that has delivered solutions across a similarly broad suite of software engineering topics.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Executive level presentation skills.
- Experience mentoring and leading large teams.
- Management of large scale internet services.
- A mindset for establishing best practices in the software development lifecycle from code reviews to CI/CD to establishing quality benchmarks.
- Experience with online e-commerce, payment integration and fraud detection systems.
- Data engineering experience including data pipelines, processing frameworks and automation tools that facilitate high durability and reliability.
- Engineering of microservices architectures and security protocols.
- Experience working across time zones with other engineering teams and business functions is a plus.
Education & Experience