Join a great team where people are at the heart of everything we do!
Sodexo is seeking a Food Production Manager 2 at a _United _States Marine Corps Mess Hall for the base in Camp LeJeune, NC. We are looking for food service professionals that are committed to excellent operational standards and have a collaborative mindset.
This position will supervise a culinary staff of Sodexo and Marine Cooks. This is a busy and high volume unit. Responsible for all aspects of the unit and to assume GM role and responsibilities in the absence of the GM. Expertise in delegation and team building are key. Must have culinary background, and knowledge of Food safety. Must be able to use a computer for this position.
The successful candidate will:
- oversee the food service program, this includes both front and back of house;
- assist with the coaching and development of the staff.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have an openness to change and attentive with a responsive communication style that will encourage success in this position
- are proficient in menu planning & forecasting processes, and understanding of safe food handling practices, qualities, and standards (e.g. HACCP forms, temperature logs, safety audits, inventory management, etc.)
- have knowledge of Excel Worksheet usage and design
- have point of Sale, cash handling, and reconciliation of cash drawer experience
- have strong office organizational skills
Careers in Government and Agencies:
Working for Sodexo at Government and Agency locations allows you to provide logistical support for combat missions abroad and for day-to-day management during training periods at home. Across America and around the world, our service offering combines facility and food services together as a customer-centric management solution. Today, we are entrusted with a workforce of a quarter million men and women in public service across 150 government sites and agencies. Our teams engage with international alliances and partners to ensure that those we serve have what they need to achieve peak performance.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer food service management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Responsible for inventory management and procurement of food and supplies at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Manages food production through kitchen staff in a medium facility. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety.
- Utilizes Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and programs to direct daily operations including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards