Are you looking for a new rewarding role? Do you have experience working in a manufacturing or production environment? If you this role is for you!
Sodexo is seeking an Environmental Services / Facilities Manager for a corporate services client in Iowa City, IA. This position supports this progressive organization by providing leadership for our Facilities teams in the delivery of safe, sanitary and innovative services to our customers. You manage a team of 10 FTEs and be a part of the Sodexo's management team. This is a day shift role however; this manager should have the flexibility of working some weekends and holidays if needed. This facility is 1.1 million square ft. of cleanable space.
Are You the One?
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a Strategic Environmental Manager with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
- Directs daily custodial operations to ensure employees have appropriate equipment and resources to perform their jobs and meet goals and deadlines.
- Ensures housekeeping and custodial service activities are performed according to standards and contractual requirements.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations, as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. quality assurance, safety, operations, personnel).
- Establishes a safe work environment for employees by ensuring equipment safety and compliance with Sodexo safety and loss prevention programs and by providing safety-related training and equipment inventory and maintenance.
- Manages a budget by controlling costs (e.g. labor, inventory, equipment, materials), complying with budget requirements and adjusting when necessary.
- Interview, assist with hiring and ensure proper training of new staff
- High level oversight of inventory
- Manage weekly schedules and ensure proper staffing levels are met
- Ensure continued training and development of shift supervisors
Our ideal candidate will have
- Prior Environmental Services/housekeeping experience
- Results driven with the understanding of driving employee engagement
- The ability to work independently and make sound judgement in the best interest of the organization
- Strong computer skills
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Experience working in a large manufacturing or industrial setting
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
Provides management oversight for Environmental Services exempt and non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service Programs. Ensures Environmental Service programs are in place and functioning according to design to consistently meet all company, client, and regulatory requirements.
-Establishes a safe work environment for clients, customers and staff by ensuring equipment safety and compliance with Sodexo safety and loss prevention programs and by providing safety-related training and equipment inventory and maintenance.
-Assumes GM responsibilities and authority in his or her absence
-Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring compliance to operating standards.
-Ensures compliance with application of all Sodexo Quality Assurance and Regulatory standards within the contractually agreed upon scope of services.
-Establish and/or adhere to defined operating standards, develops and implements quality improvements and ensures direct reports and staff adhere to the standards and expectations.
-Assists with Management of Environmental Service budget by ensuring full compliance to established operating standards, monitoring costs (e.g. labor, inventory, equipment, and material), and taking corrective action as needed.