Use your passion for service to create a positive impact and make a difference in the communities we serve!
Relocation assistance is available
SodexoMAGIC is a joint Sodexo/ Magic Johnson venture and SodexoMAGIC promises to empower the communities we serve by offering best-in-class food & facilities management solutions, which create a positive impact and make a difference in the lives of our clients and customers. SodexoMAGIC offers our dedicated service via the following Sodexo segments: Corporate Services, Hospitals, K-12 Schools, Universities
SodexoMAGIC is seeking a General Manager 4 for School City of East Chicago, IN. This district consist of 6 Sites serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack. We are looking for an individual that has knowledge of K-12 operations and has the ability to dream to the next level in student food services. Our General Manager will have operational and financial over-site for the food and nutrition department within the school district. _This position requires someone that has the ability to communicate effectively, and be able to respond to the needs of district administration, staff, employees as well as parents, students and community. _Must be able to provide strong leadership and direction to the food service department with a focus on providing innovative and high quality programs.
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations;
- create a positive working environment;
- have a strong financial acumen and _achieve company and client financial targets and goals_;
- have experience managing multiple locations;
- integrate fully within our client’s organization becoming a trusted adviser and member of the accounts leadership team;
- develop and execute a strategy to accelerate business growth;
- create an exceptional student experience through marketing, menu design, and food quality; and
- lead and motivate the management team, inspiring strategic direction;
- ensure the fulfillment of all contract commitments;
- sustain client satisfaction and retention; and
- maintain strong employee relations.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- has experience working within K-12 services and National School Lunch Program (NSLP), CEP - Community Eligibilty Program.
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service; and
- prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities.
The SodexoMAGIC partnership represents the union of two global brands that operate at peak performance. Sodexo, a long-standing leader in “quality of life solutions” around the globe, and Magic Johnson Enterprises, the brainchild of NBA all-star Earvin Magic Johnson, who literally took the game to new heights. To learn more about SodexoMAGIC and read a message from Earvin “Magic” Johnson himself click here.
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.