WebKit Web Platform Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Dec 16, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200211652
Home Office: Yes
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Safari and WebKit team is responsible for Safari, the world's fastest web browser. WebKit is also the name of the Open Source iOS and macOS framework that powers Mail, iBooks, and many other applications. As a WebKit Web Platform Engineer you will be responsible for expanding WebKit's support for new web standards features, as well as addressing compatibility and performance issues in Safari and WebKit.
- Strong skills in a manual memory managed (e.g., pointer-based) language such as C/C++/Objective C.
- Basic knowledge of macOS, iOS, and web browsers is a must, as is comfort with the command line.
- Must be comfortable working in a large C++ code base.
You will be responsible for expanding WebKit's support for important new web technologies, as well as identifying and addressing cases where Safari fails to properly display and execute web content. Specific job duties will include: * Implementing new web engine features. * Reading and understanding web standards specifications. * Creating demos and test cases for new and existing web technologies. * Analyzing web pages to create reduced test cases for compatibility problems. * Narrowing down bugs reported in WebKit applications. * Interacting with developers on the Open Source WebKit project. Compatibility with web specifications is an important part of the web platform, where content is meant to work properly across multiple operating systems and browsers. You can help Apple provide the highest quality experience interacting with web content across our entire product line.
Education & Experience
BS Degree or equivalent
- * Working knowledge of Objective-C, Swift, and Xcode.
- * Basic Python programming skills to maintain and expand developer tools and test infrastructure.
- * Experience with open source projects and source control, including svn and git