Health Sensing HW -- Electrical Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Dec 17, 2020
Role Number: 200212608
The Health Sensing team design, develop, and launch next-generation Sensor Technologies in Apple products. The key goal of the Health Sensing team is to enable the world's best user- experience. New challenges arise everyday that require the sharp problem-solving skills of hardworking and smart individuals. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience and proven track record in electrical or system hardware engineering
- Strong electrical engineering background on analog, mixed signal and failure analysis with mass production experience
- Proficiency in SPICE, Matlab, Python, LabView or similar scripting and simulation tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as solid teamwork and leadership skills
- Knowledge of system and firmware development is a huge plus
- Experience in material science and engineering is a plus
- Experience in working overseas manufacturers and vendors is a plus
- Conduct board level circuit and system design for health sensing products in the entire lifecycle of a new product, from initial design and functional specification of new hardware features and overall architecture design all the way to support and validation of these features (35%); - Review schematics, layout and other design collateral. Develop analysis tools for hardware performance, perform complex system level tests, enhance and resolve issues in existing products, and perform unit testing and end-to-end testing (25%); - Drive the development of component and module vendors tester/automation equipment. Author evaluation plans, Engineering Requirements Specification (ERS), and aid in bring-up to deliver scalable solution to support Apple mass production in a high quality way (25%); - Collaborate with hardware, system, operations, and test engineers to deliver the best user experience to the user. Author technical documentation (15%); - Up to 15% travel required.
Education & Experience
M.S. degree in electrical engineering, physics, or related field, or industry experience equivalent.