Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
Benjamin Moore & Co. is seeking a Manufacturing Manager for its Pell City, Alabama Manufacturing Facility. The Manufacturing Manager is responsible for directing and managing the daily operations of the manufacturing plant. The Manufacturing Manager will work closely with direct reports to promote a safe workplace, drive consistent quality, coordinate manufacturing purchasing, production and distribution operations and drive the continuous improvement process leading to operational excellence.
The ideal candidate will have strong leadership skills and significant experience in developing people in a lean organization. Lean manufacturing experience and the ability to drive continuous improvement is a critical component of the role. This position is responsible for managing the entire facility.
* As the overall site leader, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of the facility including safety, product quality, service, cost efficiency and overall operational excellence.
* Leadership of the site is expected to be governed by developing and fostering a culture of transparency, collaboration, trust and respect as daily deliverables are executed.
* Lead all safety activities at the plant, monitor progress and clear any organizational barriers that may prevent achieving goal of 100% Safe. Establish and enforce a safe work environment with clear roles and responsibilities.
* Drive continuous improvement efforts throughout the plant ensuring operational excellence on a consistent basis.
* Communicate clear expectations to all direct reports across all departments in meeting overall company objectives.
* Ensure that policies and procedures are effectively implemented to continually optimize the plants performance in achieving key metrics.
* Ensure the highest standards for product quality and drive the quality system within the manufacturing and colorant operations.
* Strong leadership skills and significant experience in change management in a lean manufacturing environment are essential.
* Ensure that cost is controlled and tracking mechanisms are in place and reviewed for continuous improvement.
* Ensure preventative maintenance program is followed and evolves to a predictive state to eliminate down-time and continuously improve TPM level of the entire plant.
* Ability to manage a diverse group of people and motivate staff to work together as one team.
* Is responsible for maintaining proper staffing levels, employee performance evaluations, discipline, and employee commendation.
* Ensures that established policies and guidelines for compensation, discipline and other work related work practices are followed.
* Communicates clear expectations to all direct reports across all departments in meeting overall company objectives.
* Develops long-term strategy for growth within the facility and creates major expenditure requests for future development.
* Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (Mechanical / Chemical or Industrial Engineering) with 10+ years of experience and strong technical background. Advanced degree is preferred.
* Consumer Packaged Goods industry experience is required. Experience in a high speed, high volume manufacturing and packaging environment is required.
* Previous production or plant manager experience is essential.
* Must be able to drive Continuous Improvement initiatives utilizing lean manufacturing and/or Six Sigma techniques and lead a culture of Continuous Improvement. Strong track record of successful use of Lean tools.
* The ability to work in a matrixed organization is essential.
* Strong technical and computer literacy skills required.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Tracks competencies of direct reports and provide leadership and development as required to achieve the objectives.
* Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with employees at all levels.
* Understand business needs and opportunities and how to leverage staff to deliver business success.
* Demonstrated ability to handle employee relation issues and facilitate conflict resolution.
* Position requires involvement within industry associations and travel to other locations for meetings and cross-functional/collaborative work
* Expert problem solver with the ability to define, diagnose and resolve issues.
* Collaborates with other director and managers within the company to share best practices.