Seattle , Washington , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Dec 18, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200210085
Join the editorial team that helps writers and engineers create documentation used by millions of developers worldwide. As a technical editor, you'll educate writers and content teams about developer documentation, and help ensure and uphold the quality of Apple content and style.
- Creativity in communicating complex topics in approachable, engaging, and technically accurate ways
- Adept at working collaboratively with writers to hone their skills throughout the editorial process
- Familiarity with Apple Style Guide or Chicago Manual of Style, or practical use of a corporate style guide
- Experience working with text markup such as Markdown, HTML, or XML using GUI- or Unix-based text editors
- Comfortable working in an SCM environment, such as Git or Subversion
- Unix command-line experience helpful
- Use of macOS and iOS, and familiarity with Apple's development stack (Xcode, platform SDKs, and system-level tools)
Leverage your passion for Apple products by editing developer-focused documentation on our team. We are a single-source, all-digital publishing group. We publish technical documentation that helps developers understand Apple technologies. You'll collaborate with amazing editors, writers, and designers, and discuss technical topics like SwiftUI, class hierarchies, and view controllers. An average work day may include, but is not limited to: - Meeting with writers individually to develop topics and organize text - Participating in content development; contributing to structural, organizational, and style reviews; and line editing - Developing and maintaining project style sheets and authoring guidelines - Writing clear, persuasive comments to accompany edits and proposals to resolve style issues
Education & Experience
Undergraduate or postgraduate degree in English, Instructional Design, Computer Science, or related studies, or equivalent experience. Three to five years of experience as a developmental and line editor of technical documentation.