Engineering Project Manager, Apple Pay
New York City , New York , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Dec 18, 2020
Role Number: 200213055
Apple Pay is in search of an experienced project manager who will play a central role in the delivery of Apple Pay server projects. We are looking for that individual with irreproachable work ethics, a strong sense of accountability and the ability to foster collaborations within multiple teams and mobilizing them towards a common objective of implementing groundbreaking payment concepts into reality. The payments arena and digitization of wallet content is an exciting space, this is an extraordinary opportunity to work in the team that powers Apple Pay and more!
- Team player that possesses a good balance of humility, hunger and smarts!
- Goal oriented, highly motivated and able to work under minimal supervision in a cross-functional environment at detailed levels whilst taking account of interdependencies at higher levels.
- 7+ years experience in a technical project manager role.
- Strong background in system implementation project management using proven software development techniques.
- Ability to easily adapt to different working environments and influence in a positive manner.
- Effective presentation, oral, and written business communication skills with various audiences and levels.
- Strong knowledge of different project management methodologies including Agile methodologies.
- Understanding and dealing well with rapid development cycles; remaining flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty.
- Ability to participate and facilitate sprint retrospective sessions and contribute to implement corrective actions.
- Effective decision-maker - balance risks and benefits for the overall good of Apple.
- Proven past in technical and engineering project delivery.
- Experience in the payment industry and understanding of its ecosystem will be a strong benefit.
- Proven experience in delivering global, distributed systems a plus
- Experience in cloud development a plus
As Server Engineering Project Manager, you will be working very closely with the Cross Functional Engineering Project Manager in a fast paced matrix organization to oversee and manage projects across multiple teams, manage internal documentation, effectively communicate project status, manage project risk, and drive continuous improvement. IN MORE DETAILS, YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF: - Defining project scope, breakthroughs and relevant metrics to track progress. - Set-up the project management framework and dashboard to effectively monitor progress. - Manage and document project risks while putting in place appropriate contingency measures and plans. - Report on project status and deliverables. - Manage all project documentation. - Plan the server development and QA tasks in collaboration with the Engineering Managers and organize sprint retrospective. - Actively seek problem resolutions. - Support internal and external groups. - Navigate and execute in an environment of ambiguity and lead teams to the successful delivery of solutions.
Education & Experience